Sunday 2 June 2019

GRAMMAR

SEBA CLASS IX & X GRAMMAR SOLUTIONS

Class 10 Grammar – NARRATION

Change the form of Narration :

1998 - 2018


1. HSLC - 1998

    (a) Arun said, “I do not know this boy.”
    Answr: Arun said that he didn't know that boy.
    (b) I asked the boy if he had answered all the questions.
    Answer : I said, “Have you answered all the questions?”


2. HSLC - 1999

    (a) "I made some money yesterday," Anil said.
    Answer: Anil said that he had made some  money the day before.
    (b) Raju told me that he would meet me the next day.
    Answer: Raju said to me, "I shall meet you tomorrow."


3. HSLC - 2000

    (a) Anita said to Ravi, "Please lend me your pen."
    Answer: Anita requested Ravi to lend her his pen.
    (b) The boy told me that his father would meet me soon.
    Answer: The boy said to me, "My father will meet you soon."


4. HSLC - 2001

    (a) He said to me, "Lend me your book for today."
    Answer: He requested me to lend him my book for that day.
    (b) He said to me, "You will be tired
     before you arrive."
    Answer: He told me that I would be tired
    before I arrived.
    (c) Ram asked me if I had a car.
    Answer: Ram said to me, "Do you have a
    car?"
    (d) The old man wished that I might be
    happy.
    Answer: The old man said, "May you be
    happy."


5. HSLC - 2002

    (a) He said to me, "When did you buy
    this book?"
    Answer: He asked me when I had bought
    that book.
    (b) I said, "I bought it yesterday."
    Answer: I said that I had bought that the
    day before.
    (c) Ravi thanked me for my help.
    Answer: Ravi said to me, "Thank you for
    your help."
    (d) The old man prayed that God might
    help me.
    Answer: The old man said, "May God help
    you."


6. HSLC - 2003

    (a) Mohan said to Hari, "Can I borrow a
    hundred rupees from you?"
    Answer: Mohan asked Hari if he could
    borrow a hundred rupees from him.
    (b) Hari replied that he had no money to
    lend him.
    Answer : Hari said, " I have no money to
    lend you".
    (c) " Can you ride a bicycle?" Anil said.
    Answer: Anil asked if he/I could ride a
    bicycle.
    (d) The teacher said, " The earth is
    round."
    Answer: The teacher said that the earth is
    round.


7. HSLC - 2004

    (a) The teacher said to me, "Don't
    neglect your studies."
    Answer: The teacher told me not to
    neglect my studies.
    (b) The doctor said to her, "Can you buy
    the medicines?"
    Answer: The doctor asked her if she could
    buy the medicines.
    (c) The headmaster asked me who I
    was. 
    Answer: The headmaster said to me, "Who
    are you? "
    (d) He told his wife that he might be
    late.
    Answer: He said to his wife,"I may be late."


8. HSLC - 2005

    (a) "I made some money yesterday." he
    said to Hari.
    Answer: He told Hari that he had made
    some money the day before.
    (b) Mohan said that he goes for a walk
    every morning.
    Answer: Mohan said, "I go for a walk every morning".


9. HSLC - 2006

    (a) The boy said, "Sir, please explain the
    poem once more".
    Answer: The boy requested the teacher to
    explain the poem once more.
    (b) The teacher said that he would do
    that the next day.
    Answer: The teacher said, "I shall do this
    tomorrow."


10. HSLC - 2007

    (a) He said to them, "Good bye, my
    friends!"
    Answer: He addressed them as his friends
    and wished them good bye.
    (b) I said to her, "Do you want my help?"
    Answer: I asked her if she wanted my help.


11. HSLC - 2008

    (a) The teacher said, "Honesty is the
    best policy."
    Answer: The teacher said that honesty is
    the best policy.
    (b) Anita said, "I do not know the boy".
    Answer: Anita said that she did not know the boy.


12. HSLC - 2009

    (a) The lady said to the man, "I didn't
    know you".
    Answer: The lady told the man that she
    hadn't known him.
    (b) She asked him to keep quite.
    Answer: She said to him, "Keep quite".


13. HSLC - 2010

    (a) The lady said to me, "I will tell you
    my story".
    Answer: The lady told me that she would
    tell me her story.
    (b) I told her that I had no time for that.
    Answer: I said to her, "I have no time for
    this."


14. HSLC - 2011

    (a) The mechanic said, "I will repair
    your car tomorrow".
    Answer: The mechanic said that he would
    repair his car the next day.
    (b) The teacher enquired of the pupil if
    he had done his homework.
    Answer: The teacher said to the pupil,
    "Have you done your homework?"


15. HSLC - 2012

    (a) He said, "Honesty is the best
    policy".
    Answer: He said that honesty is the best
    policy.
   (b) He said that he takes bath in the
    Bhramaputra every morning.
    Answer: He said, "I take bath in the
    Bhramaputra every morning".


16. HSLC - 2013

    (a) She said, "The water is boiling".
    Answer: She said that the water was
    boiling.
    (b) Mira said that her mother had been
    suffering from fever.
    Answer: Mira said, "My mother has been
    suffering from fever".


17. HSLC - 2014

    (a) He told her not to disturb him.
    Answer: He said to her, "Do not disturb
    me".
    (b) Mother said to me, "Don't tell a lie".
    Answer: Mother told me not to tell a lie.


18. HSLC - 2015

    (a) "What a beautiful building!" he said.
    Answer: He exclaimed with surprise that
    the building was very beautiful.
    (b) She proposed that we should go for
    a walk.
    Answer: She said, "Let's go for a walk."


19. HSLC - 2016

    (a) "Can you drive a car?" I said to
    Rahim.
    Answer: I asked Rahim if he could drive a
    car.
    (b) The stranger asked me if I could tell
    him the way to the post office.
    Answer: The stranger said to me, "Can you
    tell me the way to the post office?"


20. HSLC - 2017

    (a) Anita said, "I do not know the boy."
    Answer: Anita said that she did not know the boy.
    (b) Rahim said that his mother had
    been suffering from fever.
    Answer: Rahim said, "My mother has been
    suffering from fever."


21. HSLC - 2018

    (a) Rahim said to me, "Do you know the
    man standing at the gate?"
    Answer: Rahim asked me if I knew the
    man standing at the gate.
    (b) The young man told me that he had
    come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati.
    Answer: The young man said to me,"I have come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati."

NARRATION
1.    (a) He said, "Where does the man
        live?"
       Answer : He asked where the man lived.
       (b) I replied that I did not know.
       Answer : I said, "I don't know."
2.    (a) The man said to me, "Do you play
        tennis?"
       Answer : The man asked me if I played
       tennis?"
       (b) I replied that I did not.
       Answer : I said, "I do not."
3.    (a) The man said to me, "Are you a
        student?"
       Answer : The man asked me if I was a
       student.
       (b) I replied that I was not.
       Answer : I said, "I am not."
4.    (a) He said to me, "Where is your
        book?"
       Answer : He asked me where my book
       was.
       (b) I replied that I had lost that.
       Answer : I said, " I have lost this."
5.    (a) He said to me, "Why did you do it?"
       Answer : He asked me why I did that.
       (b) I replied that I had not done that.
       Answer : I said, "I have not done this."
6.    (a) He said to me, "I know you."
        Answer : He told me that he knew me.
       (b) He asked me if I could help him.
       Answer : He said to me, "Can you help
       me?"
7.    (a) My friends tell me, "You will be a
       great man one day."
       Answer : My friends tell me that I will             be a great man one day.
       (b) The teacher advised Reba not to
       waste her time.
       Answer : The teacher said to Reba, "Do
       not waste your time."
8.    (a) He said, "I shall post the letter
        tomorrow."
       Answer : He said that he would post the
       letter the next day.
       (b) The boy asked me if I knew him.
       Answer : The boy said to me, "Do you
       know me?"
9.    (a) I said to him, "Where are you going
        at this time?"
       Answer : I asked him where he was                 going at that time.
       (b) He told me that he would return
       my book the next day.
       Answer : He said to me, "I shall return
       your book tomorrow."
10.  (a) Minati said to me, "My father has
        gone to Shillong."
       Answer : Minati told me that her father
       had gone to Shillong.
       (b) The man asked me if I was free at
        that time.
       Answer : The man said to me, "Are you
       free at this time?"
11.  (a) He said to me, "Where did you go
        yesterday?"
       Answer : He asked me where I had gone
       the day before.
       (b) My brother asked him if he played
        football.
       Answer: My brother said to him, "Do you
       play football ?"
12.  (a) Father said to me, "Do as I do"
       Answer : Father advised me to do as he
       did.
       (b) She asked me if I could show her
       the way to the post office.
       Answer : She said to me, "Can you show
       me the way to post office?"
       (c) He suggested that we should go
       for a walk.
       Answer : He said, "Let us go for a walk."
13.  (a) The teacher said to her, "Spell the
        word 'naughty'."
       Answer : The teacher told her to spell the word 'naughty'.
       (b) He said to me, "May God bless
        you."
       Answer : He prayed that God might  bless me.
       (c) Ramen asked him when he would
       pay the debt.
       Answer : Ramen said to him, "When will
       you pay the debt?"
       (d) The woman asked me whether I
       had passed the HSLC Test Examination.
       Answer : The woman said to me, "Have
       you passed the HSLC Test Examination?"
14. (a) He said to me, "I was not present
       in the meeting last Sunday."
       Answer : He told me that he had not been present in the meeting last Sunday.
       (b) She said to us, "Good morning, my
       friends."
       Answer : Addressing us as her friends,
       she wished us good morning.
       (c) Father asked me why I had not gone
       to school the day before.
       Ans : Father said to me, "Why did you
       not go to school yesterday?"
      (d) My friends suggested to me that
       we should arrange a picnic the
       following week.
       Answer : My friends said to me, " Let us
       arrange a picnic the next week."
15. (a) I said to him, "Can you lend me ten
       rupees?"
       Answer : I asked him if he could lend me
       ten rupees.
      (b) The teacher wished that God
       might bless me.
       Answer : The teacher said, "May God
       bless you."
       (c) My friend said to me, "Let us go
       for a picnic."
       Answer : My friend suggested me that
       we should go for a picnic.
       (d) The boys said that they were
       playing.
       Answer : The boys said, "We are playing."
16.  (a) My friend said to me, "I bought the
       car yesterday."
       Answer : My friend told me that he had
       bought the car the day before.
       (b) I said to my wife, "Let us enjoy the
       evening in the park."
       Answer : I suggested my wife that we
       should enjoy the evening in the park.
       (c) He asked me when I had gone
       there.
       Answer : He said to me, "When did you
       go there?"
       (d) The members of the party prayed
       that their leader might live long.
       Answer : The members of the party said,
       "May our leader live long."
17.  (a) He said to me, "I know you."
       Answer : He told me that he knew me.
       (b) The teacher advised the students
       to be kind to the poor.
       Answer : The teacher said to the
       students, "Be kind to the poor."
       (b) Anil said to him, "What is your
       name?"
       Answer : Anil asked him what his name
       was.
18.  (a) Crito said to Socrates, "Is there
       anything else?"
       Answer : Crito asked Socrates if there
       was anything else.
       (b) "May the god help me in my
       journey from this to that other world,"
       said Socrates.
       Answer : Socrates prayed that the god
       might help him in his journey from
       this to that other world.
19.  (a) He said to us, "Did you finish the
        sums?"
       Answer : He asked us if we had finished
       the sums.
       (ii) "Let us have a talk," he said to
       them.
       Ans : He suggested to them that they
       should have a talk.
       (a) The man said with pride that he
       was very clever.
       Answer : The man said, "How clever I
       am !"
       (b) They told us that we should meet
       them.
       Answer : They said to us, " You should
       meet us."
20.  (a) He said, "What a beautiful picture
        it is!"
       Answer : He cried out in surprise that it
       was a very beautiful picture.
       (b) She asked me where I was
       going.
       Answer : She said to me, "Where are you
       going?"
       (b) He said to me, "Don't do it."
       Answer : He told me not to do that.
21.  (a) The man said to me, "I do not
        know you."
        Answer: The man told me that he did not know me.
        (b) I asked the boy if he had
        answered all the questions.
        Answer : I said to the boy, "Have you
        answered all the questions?"
        (c) The girl said to me, "I do not
        know how to swim."
        Answer : The girl told me that she did not know how to swim.
        (d) The examiner asked me if I was a
        regular student.
        Answer : The examiner said to me, "Are
        you a regular student?'
22.  (a) Mother said to us, "Always speak
        the truth."
        Answer : Mother advised us to speak the
        truth always.
        (b) The old man said that I might
        prosper in life.
        Answer : The old man said, "May you
        prosper in life."
        (c)The teacher said, "Fortune favours
        the brave."
        Answer : The teacher said that fortune
        favours the brave.
        (d) The man asked me what my
        name was.
        Answer :The man said to me, "What is
        your name?"
23.  (a) The teacher wished that God
        might bless me.
        Answer : The teacher said, "May God
        bless you."
        (b) The teacher said, "Have you all
        understood the question?"
Answer : The teacher asked if I had
understood all the questionm mm(c) He said, "Good bye, my friend."
Answer : He bade his friends good bye.


(d) The teacher said to me, "Don't

ask such a silly question"
Answer :The teacher told me not to 1such a silly question.


24.  (a) He said, "This book costs ruppes

twenty."
Answer : He said that that book costed
rupees twenty.


(b) Raju asked me if that was my pen.

Answer : Raju said to me, "Is this your pen.?"


(c) Mr Dutta bade his friends good bye.

Answer : Mr Dutta said, "Good bye, my
friends."


25.  (a) The teacher said to us, "You should keep strict discipline to prosper in life."

Answer : The teacher told us that we
should keep strict discipline to prosper in life.


(b) The girl exclaimed with surprise

that it was a very big and black snake.
Answer : The girl said, "How big
and black snake it is!"


 (c) He told us that his father had been suffering from fever for a  month.

Answer : He said to us, "My father has  been suffering from fever for a month."


26.  (a) My friend said, "If you behave like

this, I will leave your company."
Answer : My friend said that if I behaved like that, he would leave my
company.


(b) I said, “I shall not do anything that may offend you.”

Answer : I said that I would not do anything that might offend him


Rajesh Konwar

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment