Sunday, 16 March 2025

The Importance of Learning English in Daily Conversation

English is becoming more than just a language in today's globalised society; it serves as a bridge that unites individuals from different groups, occu

 The Importance of Learning English in Daily Conversation

The Importance of Learning English in Daily Conversation


English is becoming more than just a language in today's globalised society; it serves as a bridge that unites individuals from different groups, occupations, and cultures. Knowing English improves communication and provides access to a wide range of options, whether in social situations, business, school, or travel.

1. Effective Communication

English is a common language used for communication all around the world. Gaining proficiency in English helps individuals from various backgrounds communicate more effectively, minimising miscommunication and promoting deep connections.

2. Career and Professional Growth

A strong grasp of English is a requirement for many multinational corporations. Fluency in English can enhance career advancement and job prospects in meetings, emails, and presentations.

3. Travel and Cultural Exchange

When travelling internationally, English is frequently the default language. Being able to communicate in English facilitates travel by making it simpler to ask for directions, navigate foreign nations, and engage with locals.

4. Access to Information and Technology

English is the primary language of academic study, technical resources, and online material. Gaining proficiency in the language enables people to interact with global knowledge, stay informed, and use digital tools effectively.

5. Building Confidence in Social Settings

Speaking English increases one's self-confidence in social settings. Speaking English well makes it easier for people to connect with others and communicate coherently, whether they are networking, forming new friendships, or having conversations.

Conclusion

It is now essential to use English in everyday conversations rather than merely as a talent. Learning English enables people to communicate effectively in a globalised society, whether for social connections, career success, or personal development. Putting in the time and effort to get better at English will surely pay off in many areas of life in the long run.

 

Does learning English feel difficult? Don't worry! We are here to teach you basic English conversation in a simple and fun way.

Knowing English is very important in today's world. It will help you communicate confidently in jobs, travel, business, and daily life. Learn with us step by step—simple sentences, essential words, and real-life conversations.

Come on, let's start speaking English with confidence!

ā§§. āĻ…āĻ­িāĻŦাāĻĻāύ (Greetings)

Bengali: āύāĻŽāϏ্āĻ•াāϰ/āĻš্āϝাāϞো! āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›ো?
English: Hello! How are you?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ­াāϞো āφāĻ›ি, āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›ো?
English: I am fine, how are you?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ­াāϞো āφāĻ›ি, āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ।
English: I am good, thank you.

āϏাāϧাāϰāĻŖ āĻ…āĻ­িāĻŦাāĻĻāύ (General Greetings)

Bengali: āĻš্āϝাāϞো! āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›ো?
English: Hello! How are you?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ­াāϞো āφāĻ›ি, āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›ো?
English: I am fine, how are you?

Bengali: āĻ­াāϞো, āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ!
English:
Good, thank you!

āϏāĻ•াāϞে āĻļুāĻ­েāϚ্āĻ›া (Morning Greetings)

Bengali: āϏুāĻĒ্āϰāĻ­াāϤ!
English: Good morning!

Bengali: āϏুāĻĒ্āϰāĻ­াāϤ! āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āĻĻিāύ āĻ­াāϞো āĻ•াāϟুāĻ•।
English: Good morning! Have a nice day.

āĻŦিāĻ•েāϞেāϰ āĻļুāĻ­েāϚ্āĻ›া (Afternoon Greetings)

Bengali: āĻļুāĻ­ āĻ…āĻĒāϰাāĻš্āύ! āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āϚāϞāĻ›ে?
English: Good afternoon! How is it going?

Bengali: āĻ­াāϞো āϚāϞāĻ›ে, āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ!
English: It’s going well, thank you!

āϏāύ্āϧ্āϝাāϰ āĻļুāĻ­েāϚ্āĻ›া (Evening Greetings)

Bengali: āĻļুāĻ­ āϏāύ্āϧ্āϝা! āφāϜ āĻĻিāύ āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āĻ•াāϟāϞো?
English: Good evening! How was your day?

Bengali: āĻ­াāϞো āĻ›িāϞ, āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āĻĻিāύ āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āĻ•াāϟāϞো?
English: It was good, how was your day?

āϰাāϤেāϰ āĻļুāĻ­েāϚ্āĻ›া (Night Greetings)

Bengali: āĻļুāĻ­ āϰাāϤ্āϰি!
English: Good night!

Bengali: āĻ­াāϞো āϘুāĻŽাāĻ“!
English: Sleep well!

āĻ•াāωāĻ•ে āĻŦিāĻĻাāϝ় āϜাāύাāύো (Saying Goodbye)

Bengali: āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāĻŦে āĻĒāϰে!
English: See you later!

Bengali: āĻ•াāϞ āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāĻŦে!
English: See you tomorrow!

Bengali: āϏাāĻŦāϧাāύে āϝেāĻ“!
English: Take care!

Bengali: āϚāϞি!/āφāϏি!/āĻŦিāĻĻা⧟!
English: Goodbye!

āĻ•াāϰো āϏাāĻĨে āĻĻীāϰ্āϘāĻĻিāύ āĻĒāϰ āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāϞে (Meeting After a Long Time)

Bengali: āĻ…āύেāĻ•āĻĻিāύ āĻĒāϰ āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāϞো! āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›ো?
English: It’s been a long time! How are you?

Bengali: āĻš্āϝাঁ, āĻ…āύেāĻ•āĻĻিāύ āĻĒāϰ! āφāĻŽি āĻ­াāϞো āφāĻ›ি।
English: Yes, after a long time! I am good.

⧍. āĻĒāϰিāϚিāϤি (Introducing Oneself)

Bengali: āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āĻ•ী?
English: What is your name?

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āϰাāĻšুāϞ। āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āĻ•ী?
English: My name is Rahul. What is your name?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āϏুāĻŽিāϤা। āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻ•āϰে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—āϞো।
English: I am Sumita. Nice to meet you.

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰāĻ“ āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻ•āϰে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—āϞো।
English: Nice to meet you too.

ā§Š. āĻŦাāϜাāϰে (At the Market)

Bengali: āĻāϟা āĻ•āϤ āĻĻাāĻŽ?
English: How much is this?

Bengali: āĻāχ āφāĻĒেāϞāĻ—ুāϞোāϰ āĻĻাāĻŽ āĻ•āϤ?
English: How much are these apples?

Bengali: āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻ•āĻŽ āĻ•āϰāĻŦেāύ?
English: Can you reduce the price?

Bengali: āĻāϟা āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻĻাāĻŽী।
English: This is too expensive.

Bengali: āĻ িāĻ• āφāĻ›ে, āφāĻŽি āĻāϟা āύেāĻŦ।
English:
Okay, I will take it.

ā§Ē. āϰেāϏ্āϟুāϰেāύ্āϟে (At the Restaurant)

Bengali: āĻŽেāύুāϟা āĻĻিāϤে āĻĒাāϰāĻŦেāύ?
English: Can you give me the menu?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ­াāϤ āφāϰ āϚিāĻ•েāύ āĻ•াāϰি āύেāĻŦ।
English: I will have rice and chicken curry.

Bengali: āϜāϞ āĻĻিāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you bring some water?

Bengali: āĻŦিāϞāϟা āĻĻিāύ, āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে।
English: Please give me the bill.

ā§Ģ. āĻĒāĻĨে (On the Road)

Bengali: āĻāĻ•্āϏāĻ•িāωāϜ āĻŽি, āĻāχ āϰাāϏ্āϤা āĻ•োāĻĨাāϝ় āϝাāϝ়?
English: Excuse me, where does this road go?

Bengali: āĻŦাāϏāϏ্āϟ্āϝাāύ্āĻĄ āĻ•োāĻĨাāϝ়?
English: Where is the bus stop?

Bengali: āĻ•োāύ āĻŦাāϏ āĻ•āϞেāϜ āϝাāĻŦে?
English: Which bus goes to the college?

Bengali: āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ, āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝেāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ।
English:
Thank you for your help.

ā§Ŧ. āĻŦāύ্āϧুāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻ•āĻĨা (Talking with a Friend)

Bengali: āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•ী āĻ•āϰāĻ›ো?
English: What are you doing?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻĒāĻĄ়াāĻļোāύা āĻ•āϰāĻ›ি।
English: I am studying.

Bengali: āφāϜ āĻŦিāĻ•েāϞে āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāĻŦে?
English: Shall we meet this evening?

Bengali: āĻš্āϝাঁ, āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻ•āϰি।
English: Yes, let’s meet.

ā§­. āύিāϜেāϰ āĻĒāϰিāϚāϝ় āĻĻেāĻ“ā§Ÿা (Introducing Yourself)

Bengali: āύāĻŽāϏ্āĻ•াāϰ! āφāĻŽাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āϰাāϜ।
English: Hello! My name is Raj.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ•āϞāĻ•াāϤা āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻāϏেāĻ›ি।
English: I am from Kolkata.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϜāύ āĻ›াāϤ্āϰ।
English: I am a student.

Bengali: āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•োāĻĨা āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻāϏেāĻ›ো?
English: Where are you from?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻļিāϞāϚāϰ āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻāϏেāĻ›ি।
English: I am from Silchar.

ā§Ž. āύিāϜেāϰ āĻĒেāĻļা āϏāĻŽ্āĻĒāϰ্āĻ•ে āĻŦāϞা (Talking About Your Profession)

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϜāύ āĻļিāĻ•্āώāĻ•।
English: I am a teacher.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϟি āĻ•োāĻŽ্āĻĒাāύিāϤে āĻ•াāϜ āĻ•āϰি।
English: I work in a company.

Bengali: āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•ী āĻ•āϰো?
English: What do you do?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϜāύ āĻŦ্āϝāĻŦāϏাāϝ়ী।
English: I am a businessman.

⧝. āύিāϜেāϰ āĻļāĻ– āϏāĻŽ্āĻĒāϰ্āĻ•ে āĻŦāϞা (Talking About Hobbies)

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻŦāχ āĻĒāĻĄ়āϤে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—ে।
English: I like reading books.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ•্āϰিāĻ•েāϟ āĻ–েāϞāϤে āĻĒāĻ›āύ্āĻĻ āĻ•āϰি।
English: I like playing cricket.

Bengali: āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āĻļāĻ– āĻ•ী?
English: What are your hobbies?

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻ—াāύ āĻļুāύāϤে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—ে।
English:
I like listening to music.

ā§§ā§Ļ. āĻĒāϰিāĻŦাāϰেāϰ āĻĒāϰিāϚāϝ় āĻĻেāĻ“ā§Ÿা (Introducing Your Family)

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻĒāϰিāĻŦাāϰে āϚাāϰāϜāύ āϏāĻĻāϏ্āϝ āφāĻ›ে।
English: There are four members in my family.

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻŦাāĻŦা āĻāĻ•āϜāύ āĻĄাāĻ•্āϤাāϰ।
English: My father is a doctor.

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻŽা āĻāĻ•āϜāύ āĻļিāĻ•্āώিāĻ•া।
English: My mother is a teacher.

Bengali: āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āĻĒāϰিāĻŦাāϰে āĻ•āϤāϜāύ āϏāĻĻāϏ্āϝ āφāĻ›ে?
English: How many members are there in your family?

ā§§ā§§. āύāϤুāύ āĻŦāύ্āϧুāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āφāϞাāĻĒ (Making a New Friend)

Bengali: āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āĻ•ী?
English: What is your name?

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āϏুāĻŽāύ।
English: My name is Suman.

Bengali: āϤুāĻŽি āĻ•োāĻĨাāϝ় āĻĨাāĻ•ো?
English: Where do you live?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻĻিāϞ্āϞিāϤে āĻĨাāĻ•ি।
English: I live in Delhi.

Bengali: āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻ•āϰে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—āϞো।
English: Nice to meet you.

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰāĻ“ āϤোāĻŽাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻ•āϰে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—āϞো।
English:
Nice to meet you too.

⧧⧍. āĻĻোāĻ•াāύ āĻ–োঁāϜা (Looking for a Shop)

Bengali: āĻāĻ•্āϏāĻ•িāωāϜ āĻŽি, āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ•াāĻ›াāĻ•াāĻ›ি āĻ•োāύো āĻŦাāϜাāϰ āφāĻ›ে?
English: Excuse me, is there a market nearby?

Bengali: āĻš্āϝাঁ, āϏাāĻŽāύেāχ āĻāĻ•āϟা āĻŦাāϜাāϰ āφāĻ›ে।
English: Yes, there is a market ahead.

Bengali: āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ­াāϞো āϏāĻŦāϜি āĻ•োāĻĨাāϝ় āĻĒাāĻŦ?
English: Where can I get good vegetables here?

Bengali: āĻ“āχ āĻĻোāĻ•াāύে āϤাāϜা āϏāĻŦāϜি āĻĒাāĻ“āϝ়া āϝাāϝ়।
English: You can get fresh vegetables at that shop.

ā§§ā§Š. āĻĻাāĻŽ āϜিāϜ্āĻžাāϏা āĻ•āϰা (Asking for Prices)

Bengali: āĻāχ āφāĻĒেāϞāĻ—ুāϞোāϰ āĻĻাāĻŽ āĻ•āϤ?
English: How much are these apples?

Bengali: āĻāĻ• āĻ•েāϜি āφāĻĒেāϞ ā§§ā§Ļā§Ļ āϟাāĻ•া।
English: One kilogram of apples is 100 rupees.

Bengali: āĻāĻ• āĻ•েāϜি āφāϞুāϰ āĻĻাāĻŽ āĻ•āϤ?
English: What is the price of one kilogram of potatoes?

Bengali: āĻāĻ• āĻ•েāϜি āφāϞু ā§Šā§Ļ āϟাāĻ•া।
English: One kilogram of potatoes is 30 rupees.

Bengali: āĻāχ āϜাāĻŽাāϟি āĻ•āϤ āϟাāĻ•া?
English: How much is this dress?

Bengali: āĻāϟি ā§Ģā§Ļā§Ļ āϟাāĻ•া।
English: It is 500 rupees.

ā§§ā§Ē. āĻĻাāĻŽ āĻ•āĻŽাāύোāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āĻŦāϞা (Bargaining)

Bengali: āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻ•āĻŽ āĻšāĻŦে?
English: Can you reduce the price a little?

Bengali: āĻĻাāĻĻা, āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻ•āĻŽ āĻĻিāύ।
English: Brother, please reduce the price a little.

Bengali: āύা, āĻāϟা āĻ িāĻ• āĻĻাāĻŽ।
English: No, this is the fixed price.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻŦেāĻļি āĻ•িāύāĻ›ি, āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻ•āĻŽ āĻĻিāύ।
English: I am buying more, please give a discount.

Bengali: āĻ িāĻ• āφāĻ›ে, ā§§ā§Ļ āϟাāĻ•া āĻ•āĻŽিāϝ়ে āĻĻিāϞাāĻŽ।
English: Okay, I reduced 10 rupees.

ā§§ā§Ģ. āĻĒāĻŖ্āϝ āĻ•েāύা (Buying Items)

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻāĻ• āĻ•েāϜি āϟāĻŽেāϟো āĻĻিāύ।
English: Give me one kilogram of tomatoes.

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āφāϧা āĻ•েāϜি āĻĒেঁāϝ়াāϜ āĻĻিāύ।
English: Give me half a kilogram of onions.

Bengali: āĻ­াāϞোāϟা āĻĻিāύ āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে।
English: Please give me the good ones.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϟা āĻĻুāϧেāϰ āĻĒ্āϝাāĻ•েāϟ āϚাāχ।
English: I want a packet of milk.

Bengali: āĻāϟুāĻ•ুāχ, āĻŦিāϞ āĻĻিāύ।
English: That’s all, give me the bill.

ā§§ā§Ŧ. āĻŦিāϞ āĻĒāϰিāĻļোāϧ (Paying the Bill)

Bengali: āĻŽোāϟ āĻ•āϤ āϟাāĻ•া āĻšāϞো?
English: How much is the total?

Bengali: āĻŽোāϟ ⧍ā§Ģā§Ļ āϟাāĻ•া āĻšāϝ়েāĻ›ে।
English: The total is 250 rupees.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āύāĻ—āĻĻ āϟাāĻ•া āĻĻেāĻŦো।
English: I will pay in cash.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ•াāϰ্āĻĄ āĻĻিāϝ়ে āĻĒেāĻŽেāύ্āϟ āĻ•āϰāĻŦো।
English: I will pay by card.

Bengali: āĻāϟা āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āϟাāĻ•া, āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ!
English: Here is your money, thank you!

Bengali: āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ, āφāĻŦাāϰ āφāϏāĻŦেāύ!
English: Thank you, please come again!

ā§§ā§­. āĻŦাāϜাāϰ āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻŦেāϰ āĻšāĻ“ā§Ÿা (Leaving the Market)

Bengali: āϏāĻŦ āĻ•িāĻ›ু āĻĒেāϞাāĻŽ, āĻāĻ–āύ āφāĻŽি āϝাāϚ্āĻ›ি।
English: I got everything, now I am leaving.

Bengali: āĻĻোāĻ•াāύāϟি āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻ­াāϞো āĻ›িāϞ।
English: The shop was very good.

Bengali: āφāĻŦাāϰ āφāϏāĻŦো।
English: I will come again.

ā§§ā§Ž. āϰেāϏ্āϟুāϰেāύ্āϟে āĻĸোāĻ•াāϰ āĻĒāϰ (Entering the Restaurant)

Bengali: āĻāĻ•āϟা āϟেāĻŦিāϞ āĻ–াāϞি āφāĻ›ে?
English: Is there a table available?

Bengali: āĻš্āϝাঁ, āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻŦāϏুāύ।
English: Yes, please sit here.

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāĻĻেāϰ āĻĻুāϜāύেāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āĻāĻ•āϟা āϟেāĻŦিāϞ āϚাāχ।
English: We need a table for two.

Bengali: āĻŽেāύু āĻ•াāϰ্āĻĄ āĻĻিāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you give me the menu card?

⧧⧝. āĻ–াāĻŦাāϰ āĻ…āϰ্āĻĄাāϰ āĻ•āϰা (Ordering Food)

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āϚিāĻ•েāύ āĻŦিāϰিāϝ়াāύি āϚাāχ।
English: I want a chicken biryani.

Bengali: āĻāĻ• āĻ—্āϞাāϏ āϜāϞ āφāύāĻŦেāύ?
English: Can you bring a glass of water?

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāĻĻেāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ āĻĻুāϟি āĻ•āĻĢি āĻĻিāύ।
English: Please bring two coffees for us.

Bengali: āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ•ী āĻ•ী āĻŦিāĻļেāώ āĻ–াāĻŦাāϰ āφāĻ›ে?
English: What are the special dishes here?

Bengali: āĻ–াāĻŦাāϰ āφāϏāϤে āĻ•āϤ āϏāĻŽāϝ় āϞাāĻ—āĻŦে?
English: How long will the food take to arrive?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻ•āĻŽ āĻŽāϏāϞাāϝুāĻ•্āϤ āĻ–াāĻŦাāϰ āϚাāχ।
English: I want less spicy food.

⧍ā§Ļ. āĻ–াāĻŦাāϰেāϰ āϏ্āĻŦাāĻĻ āύি⧟ে āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞা (Talking About the Taste of the Food)

Bengali: āĻ–াāĻŦাāϰ āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻ­াāϞো āĻšā§ŸেāĻ›ে!
English: The food is very delicious!

Bengali: āϏ্āϝুāĻĒāϟা āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻŦেāĻļি āϞāĻŦāĻŖাāĻ•্āϤ।
English: The soup is a bit too salty.

Bengali: āĻŦিāϰি⧟াāύিāϟা āĻāĻ•āĻĻāĻŽ āĻĒাāϰāĻĢেāĻ•্āϟ!
English: The biryani is just perfect!

Bengali: āĻĢ্āϰেāĻļ āϜুāϏāϟা āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻ­াāϞো āϞেāĻ—েāĻ›ে।
English: The fresh juice is really good.

⧍⧧. āφāϰāĻ“ āĻ•িāĻ›ু āϚাāχāϞে (Asking for More Items)

Bengali: āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻ…āϤিāϰিāĻ•্āϤ āϏাāϞাāĻĻ āφāύāϤে āĻĒাāϰāĻŦেāύ?
English: Can you bring some extra salad?

Bengali: āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻ•েāϚাāĻĒ āĻĻেāĻŦেāύ?
English: Can you give some ketchup?

Bengali: āĻāĻ• āĻŦোāϤāϞ āĻ াāύ্āĻĄা āϜāϞ āφāύুāύ।
English: Bring a bottle of cold water.

⧍⧍. āĻŦিāϞ āϚাāĻ“ā§Ÿা (Asking for the Bill)

Bengali: āĻŦিāϞ āĻĻিāύ, āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে।
English: Please give me the bill.

Bengali: āĻ•াāϰ্āĻĄ āĻĒেāĻŽেāύ্āϟ āĻ•āϰা āϝাāĻŦে?
English: Can I pay by card?

Bengali: āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ…āύāϞাāχāύ āĻĒেāĻŽেāύ্āϟ āĻ—্āϰāĻšāĻŖ āĻ•āϰেāύ?
English: Do you accept online payment here?

Bengali: āĻāϟা āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āϟাāĻ•া, āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ!
English: Here is your money, thank you!

ā§¨ā§Š. āĻŦিāĻĻাāϝ় āĻŦāϞা (Saying Goodbye)

Bengali: āĻ–াāĻŦাāϰ āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻ­াāϞো āĻ›িāϞ, āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ!
English: The food was very good, thank you!

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāĻĻেāϰ āϏাāϰ্āĻ­িāϏ āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻ­াāϞো āĻ›িāϞ।
English: Your service was very good.

Bengali: āφāĻŦাāϰ āφāϏāĻŦো।
English: I will come again.

⧍ā§Ē. āĻĻিāĻ•āύিāϰ্āĻĻেāĻļāύা āϜিāϜ্āĻžাāϏা āĻ•āϰা (Asking for Directions)

Bengali: āĻāĻ•্āϏāĻ•িāωāϜ āĻŽি, āĻ•ি āφāĻĒāύি āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āϰাāϏ্āϤা āĻĻেāĻ–াāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Excuse me, can you show me the way?

Bengali: āύিāω āĻŽাāϰ্āĻ•েāϟ āϝেāϤে āĻšāϞে āĻ•োāύ āϰাāϏ্āϤা āϧāϰāĻŦো?
English: Which way should I take to go to New Market?

Bengali: āϏ্āϟেāĻļāύ āĻāĻ–াāύ āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻ•āϤ āĻĻূāϰে?
English: How far is the station from here?

Bengali: āϏ্āϟেāĻļāύ āĻšাঁāϟা āĻĒāĻĨেāϰ āĻĻূāϰāϤ্āĻŦে?
English: Is the station within walking distance?

Bengali: āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ, āφāĻĒāύি āĻ–ুāĻŦ āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝ āĻ•āϰāϞেāύ।
English: Thank you, you helped a lot.

⧍ā§Ģ. āϝাāύāĻŦাāĻšāύ āϏāĻŽ্āĻĒāϰ্āĻ•িāϤ āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞা (Talking About Transport)

Bengali: āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ•ি āϟ্āϝাāĻ•্āϏি āĻĒাāĻ“ā§Ÿা āϝাāĻŦে?
English: Can I get a taxi here?

Bengali: āĻŦাāϏ āϏ্āϟāĻĒ āĻ•োāĻĨাāϝ়?
English: Where is the bus stop?

Bengali: āĻāχ āĻŦাāϏ āĻ•ি āĻ•āϞেāϜ āϏ্āϟāĻĒেāϜে āϝাāĻŦে?
English: Will this bus go to the college stop?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ•āϤ āύāĻŽ্āĻŦāϰ āĻŦাāϏ āύেāĻŦো?
English: Which bus number should I take?

Bengali: āĻ…āϟোāĻ­া⧜া āĻ•āϤ?
English: How much is the auto fare?

⧍ā§Ŧ. āϰাāϏ্āϤা āĻĒাāϰাāĻĒাāϰ (Crossing the Road)

Bengali: āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āϰাāϏ্āϤা āĻĒাāϰ āĻšāϤে āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝ āĻ•āϰāĻŦেāύ?
English: Can you please help me cross the road?

Bengali: āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ•ি āϜেāĻŦ্āϰা āĻ•্āϰāϏিং āφāĻ›ে?
English: Is there a zebra crossing here?

Bengali: āϟ্āϰাāĻĢিāĻ• āϞাāχāϟ āϞাāϞ āĻšāϞে āĻĒাāϰ āĻšāĻŦো।
English: I will cross when the traffic light turns red.

Bengali: āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে āϏāϤāϰ্āĻ• āĻĨাāĻ•ুāύ, āĻ—া⧜িāĻ—ুāϞো āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻĻ্āϰুāϤ āϚāϞāĻ›ে।
English: Please be careful, the vehicles are moving very fast.

⧍⧭. āϟ্āϰাāĻĢিāĻ• āϏāĻŽ্āĻĒāϰ্āĻ•িāϤ āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞা (Talking About Traffic)

Bengali: āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ–ুāĻŦ āĻŦেāĻļি āϟ্āϰাāĻĢিāĻ• āϜ্āϝাāĻŽ!
 
English: There is too much traffic here!

Bengali: āϰাāϏ্āϤা āĻ…āύেāĻ• āĻŦ্āϝāϏ্āϤ।
English: The road is very busy.

Bengali: āφāϜ āϰাāϏ্āϤা āĻ…āύেāĻ• āĻĢাঁāĻ•া।
English: The road is very empty today.

Bengali: āĻ•ি āĻ•াāϰāĻŖে āĻāϤ āϜ্āϝাāĻŽ āĻšāϝ়েāĻ›ে?
English: What is the reason for this traffic jam?

Bengali: āϟ্āϰাāĻĢিāĻ• āϏিāĻ—āύ্āϝাāϞ āĻ•āĻ–āύ āϏāĻŦুāϜ āĻšāĻŦে?
English: When will the traffic signal turn green?

ā§¨ā§Ž. āϰাāϏ্āϤাāϝ় āĻšাāϰিāϝ়ে āĻ—েāϞে (If You Are Lost)

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āϰাāϏ্āϤা āĻšাāϰিāϝ়ে āĻĢেāϞেāĻ›ি।
English: I have lost my way.

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύি āĻ•ি āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻĒāĻĨ āĻĻেāĻ–াāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you show me the way?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ•োāĻĨাāϝ় āφāĻ›ি āĻŦāϞāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you tell me where I am?

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻ•াāĻ›েāϰ āϞ্āϝাāύ্āĻĄāĻŽাāϰ্āĻ• āĻŦāϞāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you tell me a nearby landmark?

Bengali: āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ, āĻāĻ–āύ āφāĻŽি āĻŦুāĻāϤে āĻĒাāϰāĻ›ি।
English: Thank you, now I understand.

⧍⧝. āϜāϰুāϰি āĻĒāϰিāϏ্āĻĨিāϤি (In an Emergency)

Bengali: āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝ āĻ•āϰুāύ!
English: Please help!

Bengali: āφāĻŽাāϰ āĻĢোāύ āĻšাāϰিāϝ়ে āĻ—েāĻ›ে।
English: My phone is lost.

Bengali: āĻāĻ–াāύে āĻ•ি āĻĒুāϞিāĻļ āϏ্āϟেāĻļāύ āφāĻ›ে?
English: Is there a police station nearby?

Bengali: āĻ•েāω āĻ•ি āĻ…্āϝাāĻŽ্āĻŦুāϞেāύ্āϏ āĻĄাāĻ•āϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can someone call an ambulance?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻĒুāϞিāĻļে āĻĢোāύ āĻ•āϰāĻ›ি।
English:
I am calling the police.

ā§Šā§Ļ. āĻŦিāĻĻাāϝ় āĻŦāϞা (Saying Goodbye)

Bengali: āϧāύ্āϝāĻŦাāĻĻ, āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝেāϰ āϜāύ্āϝ!
English: Thank you for your help!

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāĻ•ে āφāĻŦাāϰ āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāĻŦে!
English: I will see you again!

Bengali: āϏাāĻŦāϧাāύে āϝাāύ।
English: Travel safely.

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āĻĻিāύ āĻļুāĻ­ āĻšোāĻ•!
English: Have a nice day!

ā§Šā§§. āĻĒāϰিāϚিāϤāĻĻেāϰ āϏāĻ™্āĻ—ে āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞা (Talking to Acquaintances)

Bengali: āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›েāύ?
English: How are you?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ­াāϞো āφāĻ›ি, āφāĻĒāύি āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›েāύ?
English: I am fine, how are you?

Bengali: āĻ…āύেāĻ•āĻĻিāύ āĻĒāϰ āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāϞো!
English: We are meeting after a long time!

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āĻĒāϰিāĻŦাāϰ āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›ে?
English: How is your family?

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āĻ•াāϜ āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āϚāϞāĻ›ে?
English: How is your work going?

ā§Šā§¨. āύāϤুāύ āĻ•াāϰো āϏāĻ™্āĻ—ে āĻĒāϰিāϚিāϤ āĻšāĻ“āϝ়া (Introducing Yourself to Someone New)

Bengali: āĻš্āϝাāϞো, āφāĻŽাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āϰোāĻšিāϤ।
English: Hello, my name is Rohit.

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āύাāĻŽ āĻ•ী?
 
English: What is your name?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻ•āϞāĻ•াāϤা āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻāϏেāĻ›ি।
English: I am from Kolkata.

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύি āĻ•োāĻĨা āĻĨেāĻ•ে āĻāϏেāĻ›েāύ?
English: Where are you from?

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻĒāϰিāϚিāϤ āĻšāϝ়ে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—āϞো।
English: Nice to meet you.

ā§Šā§Š. āĻŦāύ্āϧুāϰ āϏāĻ™্āĻ—ে āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞা (Talking to a Friend)

Bengali: āĻ•িāϰে, āĻ•ী āĻ–āĻŦāϰ?
 English: Hey, what's up?

Bengali: āφāϜ āĻŦিāĻ•েāϞে āĻ•োāĻĨাāĻ“ āϝাāĻŦি?
 English: Are you going anywhere this evening?

Bengali: āϚāϞ, āĻāĻ•āϟা āϏিāύেāĻŽা āĻĻেāĻ–ে āφāϏি!
English: Let's go watch a movie!

Bengali: āϤুāχ āĻ•ী āĻ•āϰāĻ›িāϞি?
English: What were you doing?

Bengali: āφāϜ āϤোāϰ āĻ…āύেāĻ• āĻŦ্āϝāϏ্āϤāϤা āĻŽāύে āĻšāϚ্āĻ›ে!
English: You seem very busy today!

ā§Šā§Ē. āĻ…āĻĢিāϏ āĻŦা āĻ•াāϜেāϰ āϜা⧟āĻ—া⧟ āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞা (Talking at Work or Office)

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύি āĻ•ি āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝ āĻ•āϰāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you help me?

Bengali: āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে āĻāχ āĻĢাāχāϞāϟি āĻĻেāĻ–ে āĻĻিāύ।
 
English: Please check this file.

Bengali: āĻāχ āĻ•াāϜেāϰ āĻĄেāĻĄāϞাāχāύ āĻ•āĻŦে?
English: What is the deadline for this work?

Bengali: āϚāϞুāύ āĻŽিāϟিং āĻļুāϰু āĻ•āϰি।
English: Let's start the meeting.

Bengali: āĻĻ⧟া āĻ•āϰে āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻāĻ•āϟু āϏāĻŽā§Ÿ āĻĻিāύ।
English: Please give me some time.

ā§Šā§Ģ. āĻĢোāύে āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞা (Talking on the Phone)

Bengali: āĻš্āϝাāϞো, āφāĻĒāύি āĻ•েāĻŽāύ āφāĻ›েāύ?
 
English: Hello, how are you?

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύি āĻāĻ–āύ āĻŦ্āϝāϏ্āϤ?
English: Are you busy right now?

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ•āϟু āĻĒāϰে āĻĢোāύ āĻ•āϰāĻŦো।
English: I will call you later.

Bengali: āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻāĻ•āϟা āĻŽেāϏেāϜ āĻĻিāύ।
English: Please send me a message.

Bengali: āĻ িāĻ• āφāĻ›ে, āĻ•াāϞ āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāĻŦে।
English: Alright, see you tomorrow.

ā§Šā§Ŧ. āĻ•াāϰো āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝ āϚাāĻ“ā§Ÿা (Asking for Help)

Bengali: āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝ āĻ•āϰুāύ।
English: Please help me.

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻĒāĻĨ āĻšাāϰিāϝ়ে āĻĢেāϞেāĻ›ি।
English: I am lost.

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύি āĻ•ি āφāĻŽাāĻ•ে āĻāχ āĻ িāĻ•াāύাāϝ় āϝেāϤে āϏাāĻšাāϝ্āϝ āĻ•āϰāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you help me reach this address?

Bengali: āĻĻāϝ়া āĻ•āϰে āĻāĻ•āϟু āϜāϞ āĻĻিāϤে āĻĒাāϰেāύ?
English: Can you please give me some water?

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύি āĻ•ি āĻ•াāĻ›েāϰ āĻšাāϏāĻĒাāϤাāϞেāϰ āĻ িāĻ•াāύা āĻŦāϞāϤে āĻĒাāϰāĻŦেāύ?
 English: Can you tell me the nearest hospital's address?

ā§Šā§­. āĻŦিāĻĻাāϝ় āĻŦāϞা (Saying Goodbye)

Bengali: āφāĻŽি āĻāĻ–āύ āϚāϞি।
English: I have to leave now.

Bengali: āφāĻĒāύাāϰ āϏাāĻĨে āĻ•āĻĨা āĻŦāϞে āĻ­াāϞো āϞাāĻ—āϞো।
English: It was nice talking to you.

Bengali: āφāĻŦাāϰ āĻĻেāĻ–া āĻšāĻŦে।
English: See you again.

Bengali: āĻ­াāϞো āĻĨাāĻ•ুāύ!
 
English: Stay well!

Bengali: āĻļুāĻ­ āϰাāϤ্āϰি !
English: Good night!

Rajesh Konwar

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment