Monday, 17 June 2019

CLASS X SYNTHESIS OF SENTENCE

Q: Combine the following sentences.

     1. Robin is my friend. He is a
     journalist.
     Answer : Robin who is my friend is a
     journalist.
     2. You insulted him. This is his
     complaint.
     Answer :  His complaint is that you
     insulted him.
     3. Where has he gone?Do you know it?
     Answer : Do you know where he has gone?
     4. A boy said this. I know the boy.
     Answer : I know the boy who said this.
     5. What are you making? Let me see.
     Answer : Let me see what you are making.
     6. Don't overeat. You will be ill.
     Answer : Don't overeat or you will be ill.
     7. He was ignorant of the matter. His
     ignorance was complete.
     Answer : He was completely ignorant of
     the matter.
     8. The man created the trouble. He
     was arrested by the police.
     Answer : The man who created the trouble
     was arrested by the police.
     9. He is very sencere. Everybody in the
     school says this.
     Answer : Everybody in the school says that
     he is very sencere.
     10. You can start the machine. You
     have to press the button.
     Answer : You can start the machine by
     pressing the button.
     11. I have seen you somewhere. I can't
     remember where.
     Answer : I can't remember where I have
     seen you.
     12. You turn these knobs. You can then
     open the box.
     Answer : You can open the box by turning
     the knobs.
     13. She opened the cage. She let the
     bird fly away.
     Answer : Opening the cage she let the bird
     fly away.
     14. I can't buy a car. I don't have the
     money.
     Answer : I can't buy a car because I have
     no money.
     15. The earth is round. We can prove it.
     Answer : We can prove that the earth is
     round.
     16. We should drop the plan.That is my
     suggestion.
     Answer : My suggestion is that we should
     drop the plan.
     17. He will pass. There is no doubt
     about it.
     Answer : There is no doubt that he will
     pass.
     18. My uncle built this bridge. He is an
     engineer in the P.W.D.
     Answer : My uncle who is an engineer in
     the P.W.D built this bridge.
      19. The rain will stop. Let us wait till
     then.
     Answer : Let us wait till the rain stops.
     20. He is not sincere. He is not honest.
     Answer : He is neither sincere nor honest.
     21. The man created the trouble. He
     was arrested by the police.
     Answer : The man who created the trouble
     was arrested by the police.
     22. The earth is round. We can prove it.
     Answer : We can prove that the earth is
     round.
     23. He was innocent. He wanted to
     prove it.
     Answer : He wanted to prove that he was
     innocent.
     24. He brought a news. The news was
     not true.
     Answer : The news he brought was not
     true.
     25. Where does he live?Do you know it?
     Answer : Do you know where he lives ?
     26. He is innocent.Everybody says this.
     Answer : Everybody says that he is
     innocent.
     27. The businessman is a miser. He
     has donated generously today.
     Answer : Although the businessman is a     
     miser, he has donated generously today.
     28. Why are you so late? Tell me.
     Answer : Tell me why you are so late.
     29. I speak the truth. I am not afraid of
     it.
     Answer : I am not afraid of speaking the
     truth.
     30. Walk fast. You will miss the train.
     Answer : Walk fast or you will miss the
     train.
     31. I have some duties. I must perform
     them.
     Answer : I must perform my duties.
     32. This is my friend.His name is John.
     Answer : This is my friend John.
     33. The bird was very small. It could
     not fly.
     Answer : The bird was too small to fly.
     34.  He is not intelligent.He is not brave.
     Answer : He is neither intelligent nor brave.
     35. I have lost my pen. You gave it to
     me.
     Answer : I have lost the pen you gave to
     me.
     36. Health is very important. It must
     not be neglected.
     Answer : As health is very important it
     must not be neglected.
     37. The moon is round. It has been
     proved.
     Answer : It has been proved that the moon
     is round.
     38. Where does he live?Do you know it?
     Answer : Do you know where he lives ?
     39. Man is mortal. Everybody knows
     this.
     Answer : Everybody knows that man is
     mortal.
     40.  Walk fast. You will miss the train.
     Answer : Walk fast or you will miss the
     train.
     41. The boy is not brave. The boy is not
     intelligent.
      Answer : The boy is neither brave nor
     intelligent.
     43. The man created the trouble. The
     man was arrested.
     Answer : The man who created the trouble
     was arrested.

Rajesh Konwar

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment